Monday, December 3, 2007

My backpacking friend, Meadow Ed, writes his thoughts while in the Grand Canyon.

I took this photo of Meadow Ed last year while on a trip in the Grand Canyon.



Meadow Ed just emailed me what he had recently written while on a recent Grand Canyon trip.


"May these Canyon walls surround the inner me and protect me from the world of men. May this River of life also cut thru me as this River cuts thru the layer of time here. I need to expose the inner me to new feelings and expressions. I ask these Canyon walls to give me their strength and the River i ask for guidance.

I tasted today the memory of Cociel St Jack, Oyster Rockefeller and New England Clam Chowder, oh for a tomato to make it Manhattan Clam Chowder but none was to be found.
I walked again the white sandy beaches of Sanibel and Captiva Islands, golden sand between my toes but try as i might i saw no seagulls nor pelicans least of all i saw no terns.

I believe the god I seek lives deep within me, God then is I.

Words are not real real, words can say many things to many people but words have no wisdom in them, they are just a group of letters. Jesus, Buddha and Mohammad are just words as well. There is more wisdom in a grain of sand then in a the spoken word. A grain of sand has mineral content that can be absorbed into a plant, we who eat of this plant can be said to consume the knowledge or wisdom of the grain of sand-in consumption of this grain of sand we grow with the strength of the content of the mineral in the plant. This is real, this is how we grow, this is how we live our lives. A deaf person hears no words yet he too lives out his life and grows with wisdom that nourishes his body."

By E.J. Faubert

No comments: