Sunday, October 21, 2007

Troubled photo practice


I spent an hour or more outside this afternoon photographing bougainvilleas with a Canon Macro Lens EF 100mm 1:2.8 on my Canon EOS Rebel XTi. I didn't like one of the 100 photos I took. This is the best of the lot but I can't seem to get a crisp focus.
There seems to be so little distance range for clear focus.



In trying to become more familiar with the macro lens I shot this staged shot.

I'd found these letter-like stones years ago, during a walk on a beach north of Santa Barbara. Ray and I used to camp in our RV at El Capitan
State Park a couple times a year. Every day we'd take a stroll on the beach. One day I found the stone that looked like an L. Then I came across an "o". When I found a "v" I searched frantically for any stone that looked like an "e".

These rock letters usually reside in a special place with all the other rocks I have collected. Every rock I've collected represents a trip - a hike or a backpack. I always bring home one special rock. People have often selected a rock for me. During my 2002 PCT hike I was given a beautiful river rock I carried in my backpack even though I was very weight conscious.

Rocks have always fascinated me. Looking for rocks is fun. Looking for rocks makes me feel good. I find it interesting that I found rocks that spell out the word love.

Love: strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties.

p.s. Just found this article.

No comments: