Sunday, January 11, 2009

First walk outside since Monday.






I'm feeling so much better now that this cold is subsiding. On a lazy walk around Mission Hills CC this morning I decided to pay attention to photo ops, keeping in mind it was 11am and the sun was almost over head. I was taught to not take photos from 10am to 2pm, that the photos will look all washed out. I tried to use the position of the sun to spot contrast in the shadows cast on the side of houses.

I took 85 photos and didn't really get one I liked, but I'm posting 5 + 1 shots anyway. I'm trying to learn Adobe Photoshop CS4, so working on these photos was my practice for the day. I'm really hoping to spend some time each day, learning photographic software or shooting photos.

So to explain the 6th photo, I'm walking by the ninth hole tee box. I have to "gottago" and their is a woman's bathroom off to the side of the tee box. On my way out of the bathroom, I pass this table and chairs set up where the golfers might relax. No one is seated at the table. But I see something on the table. Something someone left, either intentionally or because they weren't aware they left something behind. I told you I started my hike at around 11am. It's now noon. I'm hungry. When I'm hungry, I want to eat. I am not happy when I make out what it is that has been left out on the empty table. Lollipops! I love lollipops. Lollipops don't happen to be on my current food plan. These 4 or 5 lollipops are there for the taking. No one is around. I know because I looked left and right. Hmmmmmm. Lollipops. Hmmmmmm.

And then I thought of Katya. If I ate the lollipops (eating one was never a thought) I would lose my 38!!!! days without sugar and Katya would still have her 38 days. Nope, no way is Katya going to have more days than I do.

So. I sadly walk on, only looking back once, headed home, to some yummy Turkey soup and brussel sprouts. Brussel sprouts with soup you might be thinking? Well yes. I need to have two cups of salad or veggies for lunch and the brussel sprouts were already cooked and in the fridge. Easy. Gotta keep it easy when I'm hungry. Eating is no longer fun. But eating this way has relieved my obsession for food.......at least until I found the lollipops.

5 comments:

Katya said...

OK You made me laugh!
YIKES!!!! You almost had a lollipop disaster! I am so glad you didn't! I don't want to go solo........we're in this together!!!
LOVE U

Anonymous said...

i love the second photo of the flower. colors are so bright and inviting!

Tasty's Big Butt said...

What you think is not a good pic has ME salivating to paint it. Those flowers are so cool.
Anyway, you made me laugh when you said you looked around when you spied the lollipops. I look around too when I see temptation. Love you.

lamont said...

LJ,
But the lollipops were free.....what were you thinking?
LR

Joanna said...

Hi Linda, I learned that sometimes we can have a healthy competition....I like Lamont's comment, made me laugh! Glad you are feeling better. Love Joanna