Tuesday, February 10, 2009

6:30am moon over San Jacinto

I heard Ray quietly walking over to me at 6:30 this morning. I wasn't asleep and I wasn't awake. Ray was so quiet as he tip toed over to the side of my bed. He couldn't tell if I was awake with my eyes closed enjoying the comfort of my warm cozy bed or sound asleep. He decided to say, "Linda. Come see the moon over snowy Mt. San Jacinto. It's beautiful."

I lifted up my head, looked around Ray, out the window where, in the still somewhat dark sky, the full moon was positioned perfectly over the peak of Mt. San Jacinto, shining down on the newly snowed on San Jacinto mountains. Aaaah.

I thought, "I've got to get up and take this picture", as I simultaneously placed my head back on the pillow. For 3 seconds I stayed put under the covers, feeling guilty, fearing I was missing a great photo op. Then I got up. Peed. An went outside with my tripod and camera, not concerned with the cold because the moon was rapidly moving lower in the sky, minutes away from slipping out of sight behind "the Mountain."
Our Mountain.


Thanks Ray.

6 comments:

Katya said...

how sweet is he???!!! That is so cool.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful...not just the picture...but the moment.

Susan M. said...

OH MY GOSH, THAT IS ABSOLUTLY GORGEOUS !!! TELL RAY HE GETS A BIG THUMBS UP !!

lamont said...

LJ,
Very cool photo and great job Ray for having the artist eye and motivation. What the heck were you doing sleeping at 6:30 anyway...I thought workouts were coming back onto the "special" Franklin Covey book.
l, LR

hamhammaam said...

this is beautiful!!!!

-Lena

P.S. I love your blog.

Tasty's Big Butt said...

You make shooting the moon look so easy...it's a beautiful feeling you captured, the green black silhouettes of the trees with the mountains as a backdrop. The moon looks like a 'cherry on the top.'
Its surreal. Thanks for sharing it.